11 Reasons to List During the Holidays
Are you concerned about listing their home during the holidays? Not to worry. Here are a few great reasons why you may want to move forward instead of waiting for the spring.
1. People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
3. Many people from overseas come to visit friends and family members in our marketplace over the Holiday season. Some of these visitors will buy real estate. Why miss these buyers by not being on the market?
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price!
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a working week!
7. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market!
8. You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays!
9. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!
10. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in the New Year, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
11.By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be an “all cash, no subjects” buyer whereas during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market this is less likely to happen and more product either stabilizes prices or drives them down! This will allow you to sell high and buy low